Pages

Wednesday 4 June 2014

My son the graffiti artist...

I've always tried to encourage H to be creative, I was always making things as a child and grew up to do a Decorative Arts degree so know the importance of having a creative outlet! 

We make cards for birthdays, do drawings, paintings, cutting, sticking etc etc. but I think H has taken his creative streek further... 

Here are a few examples of his art work from around the house: 

On the kitchen wallpaper, half scrubbed off! 

Very definite mark making in an attractive green on the living room wallpaper. 

Harri's tag in the bathroom. 

On his bed...

A particularly expressive one on his bedroom wall! 
And even on his sheets! 

But his greatest piece by far to date is this pink on green canvas...

...the canvas being the back of our lovely chair! 

Now if you've done an Art Foundation like me, you'll know the importance of confident mark making and experimentation with different surfaces.  I think H has this mastered. 

I think Banksy has a rival! 

Happy tagging! 

No comments:

Post a Comment