Pages

Wednesday 18 December 2013

Christmas chaos!

Heeellooooo!
Well I have five minutes to myself, when I say 'to myself' I mean I'm trying to force boiling soup in my mouth and keep one eye on Harrison who is meant to be eating Alphabeti spagetti and watching tv; but instead prefers to shove pens in his drink bottle through the small hole in the top, and the other eye on a poorly Alice who is sleeping in her car seat.  Who said mother's need to multi-task hey??

How is the run up to Christmas going with two children in tow?

Well, it started off well. I completed all Christmas present shopping by the first weekend in December - all online, thank god for the internet! How did mothers do the shopping before the www? Dragging them both around the shops while they're both poorly doesn't sound fun, or productive!

As I said, it started so well, but now with two poorly sick children, the wrapping of said presents is none existent, no idea when Santa is going to find time for that! (if only we could stop time!) 

On a positive note, we have cunningly managed to convince Harrison that he wants a dinosaur for Christmas and he even asked Father Christmas or one at his nursery Christmas party on Monday! (A party that I didnt know anything about until I turned up to get him early as a treat - but ended up having to stay for an hour and dance to The Hooke-Cooke!) Coincidentally, we have bought him a giant orange, talking dinosaur (I didn't realize it was quite as huge until I went to collect it at Tesco!).

 Have we managed to fit in any crafty-ness? well, yes, amazingly! I have to entertain the energy filled 2 year old in some constructive ways, sometimes.  We have made salt dough decorations, all of our Christmas cards and mince pies! 

Have I managed to do any sewing? No is the short answer! My sewing machine is cream-crackered again, all the pressure of quilting so much since the last service in April, I know I should not neglect it so much and should get the old girl serviced every 6 months, but to be honest I didn't even realize it had been over 6 months!  So the Christmas present sewing projects, wedding present projects and house warming projects have been shelved again...will they ever get finished?? Your guess is as good as mine!

Some winter/ Christmas pics of family life!








Am I looking forward to Christmas? With a toddler who now understands that a man in a big red suit and white beard is coming down his chimney (and through the blocked up fire place) to give him presents (or sweeties as he keeps asking for), its impossible not to feel the magic this year!  The look on his face on Christmas morning is going to be worth the hard work of staying up all night camped out in the bathroom with the shower on (to create a steamy atmosphere) with two poorly kids!

I hope you had more luck with your home-made Christmas! Next year I am going to start making in August, like all those other crazy people on Facebook!

Got to go..the toddler has realized I'm not paying him any attention and the baby is stirring!

Happy Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment