Pages

Wednesday 11 September 2013

Colour of the moment - zesty yellow!


Maybe it's nesting, maybe it's the change in season, but lately we have been updating our living  room, decorating our new office and transforming our new baby's nursery.  There has been one thing in common between all three spaces; yellow.

I wouldn't have called myself a fan of yellow really.  The word conjures up pastel shades painted in kitchens or bathrooms or bad decisions in hallways to try to create 'sunshine'.  But this yellow is different, it's stronger, zesty and has attitude!

Here are a few things I've used to update our spaces with this feisty tone and also a few bits I've love to invest in!


These gorgeous cushions from Habitat. As my friend said - look like pineapple rings - they are even nicer in person. They were meant for our office, but seem to have stayed in the living room; and provide a great pop of colour!
This fantastically cosy throw, also from Habitat, is my next investment, I can.t resist now the weather has turned pretty chilly here.

The last thing from Habitat I promise! This fab and funky stripy wall paper is the perfect back drop for your accessories.  Afterall you cant kit out your entire room in bright yellow and this cobalt blue provides a fantastic contrast.  
This IKEA interior uses a focal point in this zesty shade as well as some pops of the colour, i.e. the chair.  IKEA are so good at creating practical, real interiors.  They're pretty clever at what they do!
OMG - I am in love with the top wall paper here, from Interior Europe and called Pip Early Bird, I think it would look fabulous and modern on a wall in your bedroom. (Shame we are happy with ours, or I'd be tempted!).
Just look at this gorgeous Becky Bird Cushion, avaliable from John Lewis and other places.  Would look fab in a bedroom with the wallpaper above, or on a feature chair in your living room! Or on my sofa....

Happy Shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment