Pages

Monday 21 April 2014

Nursery update! (7months on!)

I hope you're having a relaxing Easter Monday off work?? 

We've had a lovely stroll in the sunshine to feed the ducklings on the pond, followed by a stressful lunch time trying to get the toddler to eat a ham sandwich (you'd think it was Brussels sprouts!). Am I the only one who has to constantly be on top of my toddler threatening that Nanny and Grandad won't come over later unless he eats the whole sandwich??! 

Anyway, now the boy is playing in the garden before the rain hits and husband is sorting out baby's lunch (at least she eats for now!); so I've snuck off to the little study/ hiddy-hole with a coffee (plus chocolate cookie syrup).

I realised, while looking through my old posts, that I didn't show you the finished nursery! If you are wondering what old posts I'm referring to then take a look here and here.

Here is what the nursery used to look like:




Here is the finished thing:

The wall stickers are part of a larger tree and woodland animals one which came off ebay; a very cheap way of updating a room!

The baby quilt that I just finished before Alice was born!

Harri and Alice enjoying the nursery when Alice was a few weeks old!

This is how the nursery looks today (I just popped up and took these!):

We kept the IKEA curtains that I had made for Harrison's nursery while we were still out in Dubai.  I love that they are multi-coloured and have birds on, but aren't too girlie.

Another great IKEA buy, was this wardrobe! You can build different shelf/ drawer/ wardrobe/ cupboard solutions so they suit your childs room. We got one for Harrison with blue drawers that has a shelf in the cupboard, this one has a tiny little clothes rail! (too cute!)

The fantastic changing table was Harrison's too and is part of the James Town range from Mothercare, like the cotbed.  It's simple, white and really practical.
The pink shelf was a recent purchase from The Great Little Trading Company.  They have gorgeous storage solutions for children's rooms. You can hang this both ways and it come in lots of colours. Pretty reasonable at £25 too!

The lovely knitted blanket at the end of the cot my mum made Alice and the bunting on the window, I made.

These boxes are from The Great Little Trading Company, like the shelf.  The round rug is just B&Q!

The rest of the wall sticker is on the opposite wall to the squirrel and hedgehog.  I love the yellow owls! It was a bit fiddly to put up as it came in lots of sections, but well worth it! 

This lovely Little Miss Alice print came as a present from Nanny, but I happen to know it was from Selfridges, London.

Gorgeous owl bookends carry on the owl/ birds theme in the nursery, these were from zulily.com, if you haven't already signed up you must! They do fantastic deals each day for babys, children and mummy's! 


What nursery is complete without a handmade fabric bird house!? This was bought off a lovely lady at a craft fair I did before Alice was born, I can't remember her name and I know she doesn't sell online, unfortunately!

I love this chair! I picked it up on ebay at a bargain £60.  I was determined to get a proper nursing chair this time, as I used our office chair with Harrison and my back paid the price.  This was in great condition, and smaller than some of the other nursing chairs; so perfect for a compact room!

The cushion is one of mine, gorgeous Cuzco fabric by Kate Spain.  A little Arabic side table makes a nice contrast to all the white wood and hints at our time in Dubai.

If you look very closely you will see it says Alice Joyce Haf Maynard at the bottom of this gorgeous print; given to Alice by her Aunty and Uncle.  I'm not sure where they got it form, but I've seen similar from notonthehighstreet.com


The bunting was made before Alice was born to sell at my craft fairs, but I fell in love with the gorgeous fabric- mix of geometric pattern and farm yard animals.  The name of the fabric escapes me I'm afraid!

Also a gift, from Alice's Godmother (and my bestie) a girlie mobile from Mamas and Papas finishes off the cot brilliantly. 
I took my colour inspiration from a set of cot bedding that I already had and the curtains which are quite bold. I think the orange, aqua, lime, pink and purple scheme makes it fun and girlie; without being PINK over kill!

I think that this nursery proves that, with a little love and time, a very small bland room can be turned into a practical, beautiful baby's nursery for relatively little money.  I love it in there, it's calm and peaceful and I hope Alice loves it too!

Happy decorating!

No comments:

Post a Comment